Frequently Asked Questions

Once courses are completed (with grades posted), send domestic official transcripts to the Office of the Registrar to have courses officially placed on your student record.

International official transcripts should be sent to International Admissions.

​​​​​​Please refer to our Transfer Credit Guide to see how your courses will transfer to the UA. If you do not see your courses on the TCG, please email your unofficial transcript to to have them evaluated.

If you are not seeing your courses on the Transfer Credit Guide, this does not necessarily mean they are non-transferable. Please visit our Credit Evaluation page to have your courses evaluated by one of our Student Academic Specialists. 

If you cannot find your institution in the Transfer Credit Guide, we may not have transferred courses from that institution before. Please visit our Credit Evaluation page to have your courses evaluated by one of our Student Academic Specialists. 

Please meet with your major Academic Advisor to determine if your courses need to be evaluated for direct UA equivalency. You may also email us at for recommendations. 

If you submitted all required documentation on the Course Equivalency or Credit Request form, please allow 2-4 weeks for the department to evaluate your course materials.

Credit for approved exams is given based on the when you took the exam. View exam credit policies for more information. 

UA courses transfer based on the transfer policies of the receiving institution. Please contact the institution directly for more information. If you are transferring to a public institution in Arizona, you can also use the Course Equivalency Guide on AZTransfer.

Please email

Yes, the UA accepts the IGETC and CSUGE to meet many UA general education requirements. More information can be found in the Catalog.

The University of Arizona operates on a semester calendar. Quarter units will be multiplied by 2/3 (or .67) to equate to semester units.

  • Example:
    • 4 unit course from a quarter system = 2.68 semester credit units at UA

A list of Transfer Credit policies for the University of Arizona can be found in the Catalog.

Reach out the department of the institution where you took the course for a syllabus. (Note: you MUST have a syllabus for a Direct Equivalency Request).

Transcripts can be sent through your UAccess Student Center or by contacting the Registrar’s office: Official & Unofficial Transcripts | Office of the Registrar (

Your AGEC must be certified by your community college to be reflected on your transcript. Contact your community college to certify your AGEC and have your transcript re-sent to the UA.

Start by completing your AGEC (make sure to have it certified at your community college). Then reach out to a UA Advisor to go over your next steps before transferring. 

Per University of Arizona Transfer Credit Policies, courses from Sophia Learning cannot be accepted for credit at UA Main Campus or UA Online but can be accepted by UA Global Campus